Sunday, June 19, 2011

Stamp Out Prejudice Hatred and Intolerance Everywhere

I first read about the Sophie Lancaster story here. I was shocked to learn that there is still so much hatred and ignorance in the world. No, I don't live under a rock, so I do know that there are terrible things that happen everyday, but its so shocking to hear about something like this happening. And why? Because they were different? It's heartbreaking. This world has come so far. We have overcome past hatred, we have evolved, and yet things like this still happen. When will it end? Will we all ever be able to live in peace? We are all different. We are all unique. But we are all HUMAN! Short, tall, skinny, fat, boy, girl, old, young, black, white, or polka dotted, we are all human. We all deserve respect and love and same opportunities as everyone else.  We all deserve to be happy. I know I am not the only one that believes this. I know there are people out there who love with open hearts and open minds and accept others as they are. I just hope that in the future, there are more of these people.
*Sorry for going off on a rant but I needed to say this.
Peace, Love, Music <3

No comments:

Post a Comment