Monday, June 4, 2012

Bryan Stars 2nd interview with NeverShoutNever

Some of you may or may not have seen the most recent interview that Bryan Stars did with Christopher Drew and Never Shout Never.  After watching it, I wanted to get my thoughts about it out.
I'm going to say know that this is my opinion and only an opinion!
After watching the interview, I was very sad and disappointed about the way Chris and the rest of the band treated Bryan.  If you are familiar with Christopher and the group you may know that they claim to be about peace and love and loving and excepting everyone.  Those beliefs were not demonstrated here. The interview starts and you can tell that they just are not into it at all.  It seemed as if they went in with the a bad attitude and an intention to be rude and disrespectful.  As the interview continues, the band members are unresponsive and cold.  
Christopher then proceeded to tell Bryan Stars that his interviews are a joke and his questions are stupid.  He claimed that the entire interview was focused on him and not on the other two members, Taylor and Hayden.  
HOLD THE DAMN PHONE SIR
Questions were directed to all 3 of the members.  Taylor did respond with somewhat insightful answers, but Hayden was just unresponsive and uncaring.  His answers consisted of "yep" "yeah" and "nope".
Bryan Stars interviews are notorious for being silly and entertaining, but that doesn't make them a "joke".  He has a style that incorporates both serious and funny questions.  Sure, they aren't the most professional interviews, but they are GOOD.  They make people smile and they provide this atmosphere that make people favorite musicians and icons seem really down to earth.  His interviews are supposed to be FUN.  And he really seems to like what he does.  He drives long distances just to be able to do these interviews and I find it really sad that his work was met with cruelty.  Also, those questions that the band finds so "stupid"?  They were submitted by the bands fans....
If they really didn't like the style of the interview, they could have just said no.  They've done one with him in the past and it was really good (there is a clip from it at the beginning of the above video).  They knew going in what it was going to be like.  There were so many more diplomatic ways that the situation could have been handled.
Chris stated that he was only being "real" because they were "real musicians".  I'm sorry but there is a difference between being real and being mean.
I really used to look to Chris and the band.  They seemed so caring and passionate about what they were doing.  And I'm sure they still are passionate for their music.  They just seem to have lost that love and passion they once had for their fans.  They let their egos get the best of them.
I'm not saying that people shouldn't like him or his music.  This is just my opinion about a band that I've been listening to since my sophomore year in HS. 
Maybe Chris should remember his roots.  He wasn't always a very well known musician.  Once upon a time he was just a kid on Myspace and Youtube trying to make a name for himself.  Kinda like Bryan....
Hopefully I didn't babble or ramble on to much in this.  
As I was looking through Youtube responses, I found one that kinda sums up how I feel about this interview:
Thanks for listening (reading?) my ramblings everyone!
Peace, Love, Music<3

No comments:

Post a Comment