Friday, December 28, 2012

What I'm Reading

Being the nerd that I am, I of course asked for multiple books for Christmas.  The one that I was most excited to start reading was Enshadowed by Kelly Creagh.
This is the second book in the Nevermore series and so far is absolutely wonderful and everything I hoped it would be.  
The first book, Nevermore, is one of my favorites of all time.  It's well written and is an extremely heart wrenching tale.  It has the basic start of the cheerleader who is paired with the goth kid for a school project and begins to fall in love with him.
Sound typical? It's not at all.
The story takes twists you wouldn't expect and constantly has you on the edge of your seat.
The best part?
Edgar Allen Poe and his works are an integral part of the books plot.  The book is laced with Poe's poems, his history, and the mystery that surrounded his death.
I don't want to give anything away, so I'll just say that Nevermore is a must read, as well as its sequel Enshadowed.  I highly recommend it.

Has anyone else read either of these books?  If so, let me know what you think!  I love hearing other peoples thoughts and opinions on books.

Peace, Love, Music<3

No comments:

Post a Comment